Friday, March 7, 2014

Story behind the paper

My first paper on my dissertation work studying the pink berry microbial consortia was recently published - YAY!  To give folks some insight as to why I'm so excited about this project, I wrote a "Story behind the paper" article as a guest post on my adviser Jonathan Eisen's blog.  Check it out!

Story behind the paper:

http://phylogenomics.blogspot.com/2014/03/guest-post-by-lizzy-wilbanks-story.html

Actual publication:

Wilbanks EG, Jaekel U, Salman V, Humphrey PT, Eisen JA, Facciotti MT, Zinder SH, Buckley DH, Druschel GK, Fike DA, Orphan VJ. (Accepted, 2014). Microscale sulfur cycling in the phototrophic pink berry consortia of the Sippewissett Salt Marsh. Environmental Microbiology. doi:10.1111/1462-2920.12388

Aren't they just darling?
The pink berries, bright little balls of bacteria, in a handful of marsh sediment

No comments:

Post a Comment